National Archives' records
Our collection includes records from George Reid's role in the Federation of Australia, and his time as prime minister and member of parliament.
This is a selection of records from our collection.
- Autographed photograph of the Governor-General and Reid ministry, 1904 (A461, H370/1/7)
- Fourth Commonwealth ministry (Reid ministry) – correspondence and historical notes, 1904-05 (A5447, 8)
- Agreement between the PM and the Governor-General about occupancy of Government Houses in Sydney and Melbourne, 1905 (A1, 1905/2828)
- Silhouette of the Rt Hon. G H Reid, MHR, 1907 (A1861, 71)
- Deaths – Sir George Reid, 1907–23 (A2910, 416/1/1)
- Admiral Fisher’s letters to Sir George Reid, on the Commonwealth government’s invitation to visit Australia, 1910 (A5954, 1207/6)
- Audit query on travelling expenses for Sir George Reid during his trip to Glasgow, 1910 (A63, A1910/7395)
- Appointment of Sir George Reid as High Commissioner, January 1910, 1910 (A2911, 1/1909)
- Sir George Reid – appointment as High Commissioner – London, 1910-15 (A1, 1915/7247)
- Sir George Reid, 1914-15 (A1, 1915/17678)
- Honours – GCB, KCB, 1915 (A2923, H2)
- Condolences – death of Sir G H Reid, 1918-19 (A2, 1919/1834)
- Portrait of Sir George Reid, 1927 (A6006, 1927/02/03)
For details of the records on George Reid held by the National Archives and other institutions, you can use Our first six: guide to archives of Australia's prime ministers.
The National Archives is a proud partner of the First Eight Project.