The Government Agencies Information Network or GAIN Australia is a national network supporting agency information and records managers in the Australian Government.
GAIN Australia provides professional development and networking opportunities through online and face-to-face forums and events. It includes information and records management updates from the National Archives and also provides mechanisms for information management professionals across government to share their expertise and experiences.
GAIN forums provide an opportunity for dedicated information management professionals to network with colleagues from Australian Commonwealth agencies. You will have the opportunity to discuss contemporary information and records management challenges and priorities.
Stay up to date with National Archives’ information and records management news and initiatives for information specialists in the Australian Government through our monthly GAIN Australia e-bulletins.
- Our new policy Building trust in the public record is now in effect
- Check-Up PLUS Survey
- Implementing recommendations from the Final Report of the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse
- News from the National Archives’ internal Information Governance team
- Agency transfers make their way into next-generation digital archive
- Legacy eLearning modules and Adobe Flash
- Need to preserve your digital assets? The Digital Preservation Coalition can help
- Information Governance Industry Research Survey 2021
- Coming events
For back issues of the GAIN Australia e-bulletin, see our back issues page.
Complete the form below to be included on our mailing list. You will receive an invite to join the Government Agencies Information Network (GAIN) Australia online forum.
Please note: membership of the GAIN forum is restricted to Australian Government (Commonwealth) agency employees.