About the Agency Service Centre (ASC)
If you work for an Australian Government agency and have an information management enquiry, the ASC can help you with advice on information management-related issues, such as:
- the Archives Act 1983
- Building trust in the public record: managing information and data for government and community policy
- COVID-19 recordkeeping. Find out about managing records relating to the COVID-19 pandemic
- disposal freezes and records retention notices the National Archives has issued
- machinery-of-government changes
- normal administrative practice
- records authorities
- transferring records to the National Archives
Lodge your information management query through our online form.
Responding to your enquiry
We manage all enquiries through our online query management system. We aim to respond to your enquiry within 5 business days.
If your enquiry is urgent, please let us know and we will try to respond within your timeframe.
If your enquiry relates to records in the collection, we have reference officers who can help you.
If you represent an Australian Government agency and would like to contact us about your records in the custody of the National Archives, please contact Lending Services.
Advice for non-government staff
If you believe you hold Australian Government information or records and are not sure what to do with them, please contact us.