Due to the COVID-19 situation and related lockdowns, it may take us longer than usual to respond to your request.
If your request is urgent, please mention this and tell us about your deadline when you submit your enquiry. We will do our best to prioritise your request.
How we can help you
We do basic reference work for free and aim to respond to your question within 30 business days.
We cannot perform detailed research on your behalf.
When your question is about immigration, select either:
- immigration records, including migrant selection documents and citizenship records
- passenger arrival records
- passenger departure records
- proof of your arrival in Australia to help verify resident status
- internment or alien registration records
You can ask us a question about:
- civilian service records from World War II
- intelligence or surveillance records
- Merchant Navy records
- defence service after World War II
If none of these fit your question, or you are not sure, choose general enquiry.
Checking the progress of a question
If you have already made a reference enquiry, you can check on its progress.
World War I and World War II military service records
For World War I and World War II military service records, as well as some post-World War II service records, search and order through RecordSearch.
Order a digital copy of a record through RecordSearch. Copying charges apply.
To provide feedback on our reference service, complete our Reference service feedback form.