We offer a range of professional development resources to help Australian Government agencies:
- manage their information
- implement the mandatory and recommended actions in the Building trust in the public record policy
- develop and update the capabilities of their staff.
Our advice on capability, skills and professional development can help agencies plan the support necessary for their information management professionals and develop the capabilities of their staff agency-wide.
We have a range of training resources to help develop record, information and data management skills, including:
- a digital preservation skills program
- introductory videos and learning resources.
Professional development and networking
We provide professional development and networking opportunities for Australian Government agencies through the Government Agencies Information Network (GAIN Australia).
- runs online and face-to-face forums and events for information and records managers
- provides information management news and updates via a monthly ebulletin.
Help and advice
Work for an Australian Government agency and need help with record, information and data management?
Our Agency Service Centre can answer your enquiries about:
- implementing the Building trust in the public record policy and actions
- appraisal and sentencing
- disposal freezes and records retention notices
- transferring records to the National Archives.