Login for registered Check-up PLUS users
Check-up PLUS is a survey designed to collect data on Australian Government agencies' information management capabilities and behaviours. It allows agencies to:
- track their progress against a variety of best-practice information management behaviours
- develop plans and undertake projects that progress their information and data management maturity
- advise us of their 'Retain as national archives' (RNA) holdings and transfer plans
- manage their contact details online
The National Archives analyses the survey data to gauge Australian Government agencies' digital information management maturity. The findings inform our annual report to the Minister as required under the Digital Continuity 2020 Policy.
Check-up PLUS survey
The next survey (Check-up PLUS 2021) will open on 1 December 2020 and close on 31 March 2021. The survey reporting date will be with effect from 31 December 2020 to coincide with the cessation of the Digital Continuity 2020 Policy.
A copy of the 2021 survey questionnaire is now available.
Check-up PLUS is structured to align with the National Archives' Information Management Standard. It is an online self-assessment tool designed to gauge Australian Government agencies' maturity and performance in information and data management.
For more information about the content of the surveys, see:
- Check-up PLUS 2019 survey (PDF, 1MB)
- 2019 Whole of Government Summary Report (PDF, 1,004kB).
- Check-up PLUS 2018 survey (PDF, 279KB)
- 2018 Whole of Government Summary Report (PDF, 2.2MB).
Digital Continuity 2020 Statement
In 2017, annual reporting requirements under the Digital Continuity 2020 Policy consisted of a short online survey, the 'Digital Continuity 2020 Statement'.
The survey comprised a number of brief statements designed to gauge agencies' progress against the Digital Continuity 2020 principles. It replaced the requirement for agencies to report against Check-up Digital.
Contact the Agency Service Centre if you have questions about the survey or accessing your existing Check-up Digital data.
The Check-up PLUS survey is available under a Creative Commons BY 4.0 (CC–BY-NC 4.0) licence.