About Scott Morrison
- Born: 13 May 1968
- Partner: Jennifer (Jenny) Morrison
- Political party: Liberal Party of Australia
On 24 August 2018, Scott Morrison became Australia's 30th prime minister.
Morrison was first elected to parliament as the federal member for Cook on 24 November 2007.
He was appointed Shadow Minister for Housing and Local Government in September 2008, and, in December 2009, he became Shadow Minister for Immigration and Citizenship.
Morrison was appointed Minister for Immigration and Border Protection in 2013, as part of the incoming Coalition government. A Cabinet reshuffle in December 2014 saw him appointed as Minister for Social Services. Before becoming Prime Minister he served as Treasurer from 2015 to 2018.
He was elected leader of the Liberal Party and Prime Minister–designate on 24 August 2018, and was sworn in as Prime Minister of Australia on that day.
Did you know?
- is Australia's 30th Prime Minister
- is Australia's first Pentecostal prime minister
- and his deputy prime minister are both parents of young children, the first time in over 40 years
For media statements and transcripts from Scott Morrison, visit the Prime Minister of Australia website.