National Archives' records
Our collection includes records from Paul Keating's time as prime minister and member of parliament.
This is a selection of records from our collection, including Commonwealth records and Keating’s personal papers (CP 665).
- Paul Keating - portrait, 1970 (A1200, L87701)
- Personal papers of the Treasurer, 1974-92 (series M3987)
- Audio and videotapes of interviews, press conferences and speeches, 1975-96 (series M3983)
- National superannuation scheme, 1983-84 (A9488, A1984/357 part 1)
- Keating ministries – Cabinet files, 1991-96 (series A11117)
- Keating ministries – Cabinet submissions and memoranda, 1991-96 (series A14217)
- Keating ministries – Cabinet minutes, 1991-96 (series A14218)
- Sale of Australian Airlines and Qantas, 1991-93 (A1209, 1991/3721)
- President Suharto of Indonesia with Prime Minister Paul Keating, 1992 (A6180, 24/8/92/6)
- Prime Minister’s files on the 1992 ‘One Nation’ economic statement, 1992 (series M4769)
- First Keating Ministry with Parliamentary Secretaries, 1992 (A13966, 920549)
- Republic Advisory Committee policy issues paper, 1993 (A463, 1991/1936)
- Paul Keating and Mrs Keating after his 1993 election victory, 1993 (A6135, K18/3/93/1)
- Paul Keating with Mabo group at Parliament House, 1993 (A6180, 20/10/93/1)
- Organisation and functions – Native title legislation implementation taskforce, 1993-94 (A1209, 1993/6008)
- Asylum seeker assistance scheme, 1993-97 (A1209, 1993/3898)
- Paul Keating with US President Clinton at APEC leaders’ meeting, 1994 (A8746, KN22/11/94/28)
- Reform of electricity supply, 1994-95 (A463, 1995/1131)
You can search a collection of Australian prime ministerial transcripts dating from the early 1940s on PM Transcripts.