The voices of Australia since Federation can be heard throughout the National Archives.
The national archival collection tells the compelling story of the connections between the Australian Government and its people, and how these relationships have shaped our nation.
Reasons to choose the National Archives for your school visit
- Curriculum-aligned programs that connect students with pivotal moments in 20th-century Australian history and explore themes from creativity and identity through to immigration, defence and reconciliation.
- Insightful educator-led experiences for the environmentally and socially aware citizens of tomorrow – their place in democracy, individual rights and responsibilities, and how they can enact change.
- It’s easy. Just book via Book Canberra Excursions, park the bus and leave the rest to us!
- Newly refurbished heritage-listed building, featuring state-of-the-art exhibition spaces and research centre, cafe and the Archives Store.
- A unique, enriching and memorable experience for your students.
- The National Archives is a tier 2 Parliament and Civics Education Rebate (PACER) destination.
Book a school visit
To book a school visit please use the Book Canberra Excursions website.
Keep in touch
Sign up to our education mailing list for updates.