Extra! Extra! Read all about it!
Mr Burt just returned from a holiday, Miss Folland has left her job, and Mr Gill is away attending to city business interests. And now to international news…
The Cue-Big Bell Chronicle and Reedy Recorder was the only newspaper printed in the goldmining town of Cue in the late 1930s, and the only publication catering for the nearby towns of Big Bell and Reedy in Western Australia's midwest.
In January 1938, Mr James Allan Prescott, miner, of Austin Street in Cue applied to the Postmaster-General's Department to register the Cue-Big Bell Chronicle and Reedy Recorder for distribution by post. Published weekly with a print run of 300 copies, the newspaper was sold to subscribers at the Millar's newsagencies in Cue and Big Bell, and Lehman’s newsagency in Reedy.