Australian Air Races captures all the excitement – and the risk – of the early flying machines that touched down in Darwin a century ago.
This exhibition highlights some true gems in the National Archives of Australia's collection:
- Movies showing aerial contests and winning pilots
- Maps tracking the course of aerial racers competing for hefty prizes
- Official documents voicing support or concern for the risk-taking flyers
- Formal and candid photographs of aeroplanes and aviators
- Promotional programmes, posters and games
Come along to capture Darwin's place in our country's historic embrace of flying.