Make your job easier and help your work colleagues.
Keep the Knowledge – Make a Record is a training package to assist all Australian Government employees, contractors and consultants to understand their information and records management responsibilities.
You can use and adapt the Keep the Knowledge – Make a Record package to present in-house training for staff in your agency. The training will help staff to:
- identify what is a record
- recognise why records matter
- understand their records management responsibilities
- decide when to make or keep a record
- understand where records should be kept.
The Keep the Knowledge – Make a Record package includes the following resources for your (Commonwealth) agency:
- a slideshow (pdf, 470kb) and presenter’s guide (pdf, 2.6mb), which can be used 'off the shelf' for face-to-face training with groups or modified to reflect agency specific requirements;
- a fold-out reference card (pdf, 2.2mb) which can be distributed to staff;
- a set of four promotional posters (pdf, 1.4mb) available in A2 and/or A4 size, which highlight key records management messages in a humorous way.
The Keep the Knowledge – Make a Record is available in a text-based version optimised for accessibility.
Copyright and conditions of use
Copyright of the National training package, including the Geoff Pryor cartoons, rests with the Commonwealth of Australia. The National Archives administers that property.
Australian Government (Commonwealth) agencies are authorised to use, adapt or modify the Keep the Knowledge – Make a Record slideshow and presenter's guide subject to the following conditions:
- the existing, adapted or modified content is not used for commercial purposes or sale, such as training for a fee
- use or modification of National Archives’ material is fully acknowledged
- agencies do not supply the modifiable versions of the Keep the Knowledge – Make a Record slideshow or presenter’s guide to a third party without the prior written permission of the National Archives
All other use of Keep the Knowledge – Make a Record is governed by the Copyright Act 1968.