We lead the global archivist community through the International Council on Archives (ICA).
About the ICA
The ICA is the premier, non-government organisation that guides effective records management and archival practice internationally.
Archivists from 199 countries and territories belong to the ICA.
Our Director-General, David Fricker, is the current ICA President. He was re-elected in 2018. His term is for another 4 years until 2022. He is working to ensure archivists embrace the digital age. He advocates for continued access to reliable, authentic, complete, usable and accessible information.
Our organisation and individual staff members belong to the ICA. Currently, our staff have the following roles:
- Pacific Regional Branch treasurer
- Programme Commission representative
- select working groups and committee membership
ICA Congress – Adelaide, 2019
In October 2019, ICA Congress will meet in Adelaide, Australia.
ICA Congress is a conference presented in association with:
- Australian Society of Archivists (ASA)
- Archives and Records Association of New Zealand (ARANZ)
- the Pacific Regional Branch International Council of Archives (PARBICA)
With the theme 'Designing the Archive', we expect to welcome more than 1000 archivists from around the world.
For further information on the ICA Congress, visit the ICA website.