Senator for Victoria
Senator the Hon Kim Carr has been a member of the Australian Senate since 1993.
Representing Victoria, he has held a number of ministerial appointments, including:
- Minister for Innovation, Industry, Science and Research, 2007 to 2011
- Cabinet Minister, 2007 to 2011
- Minister for Manufacturing, 2011 to 2012
- Minister for Defence Materiel, 2011 to 2012
- Minister for Human Services, 2012 to 2013
- Minister for Higher Education, 2013
- Minister for Innovation, Industry, Science and Research, 2013.
Senator Carr currently serves as:
- Chair of Legal and Constitutional Affairs References Committee
- Deputy Chair of Legal and Constitutional Affairs Legislation Committee
- Deputy Chair of Standing Committee on Regulations and Ordinances.
Senator Carr was born in Tumut, NSW in 1955. He studied at the University of Melbourne and worked as a teacher, ministerial adviser and policy analyst before entering parliament.