Training, events and development
Effective information and records management depends on having both the technical and human resources to do the job. The National Archives of Australia supports development in information and records management capability by offering a range of training programs and resources.
Check our training and events calendar for dates and locations of upcoming workshops, training courses and professional events.
Digital Edge workshops
Interactive and dynamic half-day workshops on topical issues in digital information management.
- Information governance for social media – This participatory workshop will look at the Australian Government's use of social media from an information management perspective.
- Information governance – towards 2020 focuses on ways to improve information governance in your agency, closely aligned to Digital Continuity 2020 Policy targets.
- Establishing an ongoing disposal program looks at ways to include a disposal program into information and records management systems and work processes.
- Implementing the Minimum Metadata Set covers application of the set and other benefits and applications for metadata
- Using the Business Systems Assessment Framework looks at the benefits of using the framework and other tools and strategies for introducing and decommissioning business systems
The Archives offers the following face-to-face training courses.
- D.I.G.I.T.A.L. – Unpack the seven keys to effective digital information and records management.
- Practical sentencing in a digital environment is a hands-on, computer-based training course which focuses on how to sentence digital information and apply records authorities issued by the Archives.
Government Agencies Information Network or GAIN Australia is a national network supporting agency information and records professionals in the Australian Government. It organises face-to-face and online forums which are aimed at chief information officers, senior managers with information and records management responsibilities and information and records managers from Australian Government agencies.
Education and professional development
Information and records managers can build, maintain and enhance their capability through vocational or academic studies and participation in professional development activities.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (02) 6212 3954.