Keep the Knowledge training package
Make your job easier and help your work colleagues.
Keep the Knowledge – Make a Record is a training package to assist all Australian Government employees, contractors and consultants to understand their information and records management responsibilities.
You can use and adapt the Keep the Knowledge package to present in-house training for staff in your agency. The training will help staff to:
- identify what is a record
- recognise why records matter
- understand their records management responsibilities
- decide when to make or keep a record
- understand where records should be kept.
The Keep the Knowledge package includes the following resources for your (Commonwealth) agency:
- a PowerPoint slideshow and presenter’s guide, which can be used 'off the shelf' for face-to-face training with groups or modified to reflect agency specific requirements
- a fold-out reference card which can be distributed to staff
- a set of four promotional posters available in A2 and/or A4 size, which highlight key records management messages in a humorous way
- an eLearning module for self-paced learning (see eLearning module).
Getting started with the eLearning modules
The Keep the Knowledge eLearning module can be used to provide self-paced learning to staff in your agency. The module takes approximately 15–20 minutes to complete and is available in Flash (media-rich), HTML (low-bandwidth) and a text-based version optimised for accessibility
Note: To use the Flash, XML version or the text-based version with Internet Explorer 9 and 10, switch to web compatibility view mode via the browser tools menu.
Important: copyright and conditions of use
Copyright of the Keep the Knowledge training package, including the Geoff Pryor cartoons, rests with the Commonwealth of Australia. The Archives administers that property.
Australian Government (Commonwealth) agencies are authorised to use, adapt or modify the Keep the Knowledge slideshow and presenter's guide subject to the following conditions:
- the existing, adapted or modified content is not used for commercial purposes or sale, such as training for a fee
- use or modification of National Archives’ material is fully acknowledged
- agencies do not supply the modifiable versions of the Keep the Knowledge slideshow or presenter’s guide to a third party without the prior written permission of the Archives
All other use of Keep the Knowledge is governed by the Copyright Act 1968.
For more information about Keep the Knowledge including conditions of use, reproduction and rights or to provide your feedback on products, contact firstname.lastname@example.org