Copy order delays
We are experiencing a large increase in demand for copying services. As a result, there will be delays in supplying copies of records, as we continue to process incoming requests.
Your patience at this time is appreciated.
Ask us a question about records in the collection
We will undertake basic reference work free of charge and aim to respond to your inquiry within 30 days.
Please select one of the following to make an inquiry or request:
- immigration records
- passenger arrival records
- passenger departure records
- internment and/or alien registration records
- intelligence and/or surveillance records
- civilian service records from World War II
- Merchant Navy records
- Defence service after World War II
- general inquiry
- order records ahead of your visit to a reading room – advance request to view records
- Defence force personnel records – search and order through RecordSearch using the NameSearch tab
- order a digital or print copy of a record through RecordSearch. Copying charges apply
- copyright permission for collection items
Our service charter outlines the standards of service you can expect from us.
To comment on the Archives’ reference service, please complete our Reference service survey.
If you have already made a reference inquiry, you can check on its progress.