Accountability and reporting
The National Archives is accountable to the Australian people in a number of ways.
As a public service agency, our decisions must be transparent, our policies justifiable and our practices beyond reproach. The pages available in this section demonstrate how we achieve this and how you can request further information from us.
On this site, you can find information about our:
- Access to information under the Freedom of Information Act
- Annual Reports
- Corporate Plans
- Departmental indexed file list
- Information Governance Framework
- Information Publication Scheme (IPS)
- Legal services
- Multicultural Plan
- Operations and Preservation policies
- Reconciliation Action Plan
- When to use the Freedom of Information, Archives and Privacy Acts to access documents.