Preparing your application
Before preparing your application for employment, we recommend that you:
- read the requirements of the vacancy outlined in the selection documentation
- conduct research about the National Archives of Australia
- contact the relevant contact officer (detail on selection documentation) if you have queries about the vacancy.
The selection criteria
Your application will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the selection documentation. You should consider the following when you address the selection criteria:
- structure your answers to demonstrate your relevant skills, abilities and experience
- write in a clear and concise manner
- check your spelling and grammar.
We recommend you prepare your application in a word document first and then cut and paste your response to each criteria into your online application.
Preparing your resume
When you prepare your resume we recommend you include the following information:
- personal details including your name and address
- an outline of your employment history starting with your current employer. Include the name of your employers, the dates of your employment and a brief outline of your key duties
- educational qualifications
- membership of professional organisations.
Some information from your resume will automatically populate into your application.
When you prepare your application you will be asked to nominate two referees who can provide comments on your work performance and personal character. Your primary referee should be your current immediate supervisor.
The selection advisory committee may seek a written or oral referee report at any stage during the assessment process. Referees will be requested to comment on your work performance and personal characteristics against the selection criteria.
Note: It is not necessary to provide written referee reports with your application unless the advertisement has requested them.
If you have any questions
Contact the nominated contact officer for the position you are interested.
Lodging your application
Applicants must apply online through our e-recruitment system.
The closing date will be specified in the advertisement and displayed on the e-recruitment system. Closing times are based on Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST). Generally, late applications are not accepted. If there are exceptional circumstances, contact the nominated officer to discuss your circumstances and to request an extension. Please note it is not guaranteed an extension will be granted.