Part J – Healthy Workplace and Support for Employees
Occupational health and safety
- The parties to this Agreement will continue to support a safe and healthy working environment for all employees. The Archives' Health and Safety Management Arrangements provides for effective cooperation between the employer, employees and employee representatives on Occupational Health and Safety matters. Safe working practices will continue to be promoted and consultation will be conducted as required under the Occupational Health and Safety Act 1991 (OHS Act).
- The aim of OH&S is to develop and implement responsible and preventative strategies that will reduce the incidence of injury in the Archives.
- Where a dispute arises in relation to occupational health and safety that cannot be dealt with under the Archives' Health and Safety Management Arrangements or under the OHS Act, the dispute can be dealt with under the dispute resolution provisions of this Agreement.
Employee Assistance Program
- The Archives will provide access to an Employee Assistance Program at no cost to employees. A confidential, professional counselling service will be available to employees and also their immediate families to help them resolve both personal and work-related problems. In addition, a critical incident service will be available to employees.
- Wherever practicable, the Archives agree to provide influenza vaccinations in the workplace, at no expense to employees, where they choose. Where this cannot be arranged onsite, employees will be reimbursed for out of pocket medical and pharmaceutical expenses incurred in obtaining the injection. The aim is to maximise participation in the initiative, and to minimise absence from the workplace.
- An employee whose job involves screen based work may seek an eye test once every two years and where spectacles are prescribed for operating screen based equipment, the employee will be reimbursed in accordance with specified limits as set out in the Eye Testing Policy.
Health and Wellbeing Program
- Over the life of the Agreement, the Archives, in conjunction with the Workplace Relations Committee, will develop a program which will provide a range of activities that are focused on raising awareness and promoting good health outcomes for its employees, subject to the funding capacity of the Archives.