Part F – Access to work / life balance
Flexible working arrangements
- Employees have access to a range of flexible working arrangements in this Agreement to assist in balancing business outcomes and employee work/life balance. The use of these flexibilities should ensure appropriate management of workloads, working hours and leave planning.
- Further information can be found in the Flexible Work Options Policy.
Requests for flexible working arrangements
- An employee, excluding a Casual Employee, may request in writing flexible working arrangements where they have at least 12 months of continuous service. The Director-General may waive this requirement in exceptional circumstances. A Casual Employee may only request flexible working arrangements if the employee is a Long Term Casual Employee.
- Section 65 of the Fair Work Act sets out certain circumstances in which employees may request these arrangements where an employee:
- is the parent, or has responsibility for the care of a child who is of school age or younger;
- is a carer (within the meaning of the Carer Recognition Act 2010);
- has a disability;
- is 55 or older;
- is experiencing violence from a member of the employee’s family; or
- provides care or support to a member of the employee’s immediate family, or a member of the employee’s household, who requires care or support because the member is experiencing violence from the member’s family.
- A request made in accordance with clause 216 must set out details of the circumstances that apply at clause 217, the change sought and the reasons for the change. The Director-General will provide a written response within 21 days. The request will only be refused on reasonable business grounds and will include reasons for the refusal. If an application is refused the manager and employee may discuss possible alternative arrangements that would meet the operational and employee’s requirements, including timing.
Mature aged workers
- Employees aged 54 years and over who are approaching or genuinely contemplating age retirement may be reimbursed, on a one-off basis, up to $610 (inclusive of GST) to assist in pre-retirement financial planning and/or career counselling.
- By arrangement with the Director, employees may work at home on either an occasional or regular basis. Further information can be found in the Flexible Work Options Policy.